The Council’s Development Control Committee resolved to grant outline planning permission on 22 July, 2020 for our proposals to deliver high quality new homes and community infrastructure on Land at Basingstoke Golf Course.
This decision followed extensive work with the Council, statutory and non-statutory consultees, and key local stakeholders. Bloor Homes is fully appreciative of the efforts of all parties, many of whom will be helping us to move forward with the next stages of the project.
In summary, the proposals will deliver:
• Up to 1,000 high quality homes including 40% Affordable homes, 20% Accessible and Adaptable Homes.
• A new community building, public square, 3ha Neighbourhood Park and Local Centre including day nursery and local shops.
• Wildlife and Biodiversity enhancements including tree planting, retention and enhancement of woodland, new green links, wildlife corridors, walking and cycling routes.
• New play spaces including a NEAP, LEAP, 2 kickabout areas, 2 new Football Pitches and allotments for the community.
• Financial contributions towards new schools and highway improvements, employment and training opportunities during construction and jobs in the Local Centre.
• On-site bus and public transport services.
• Inclusion of high-speed broadband infrastructure to facilitate increased home working, and electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
As part of the S106 requirements, Bloor Homes will contribute £8.5 million towards highway improvements along the A30 corridor, to help deliver sustainable transport infrastructure. Bloor will also be contributing directly to the new school at Hounsome Fields and to secondary education via CIL payments.
Full details regarding the outline application and all associated documents can still be found by visiting the Council’s website and entering planning application reference number: 19/00971/OUT.
Further updates will be posted on this website as the project continues to progress.